Graduate programs in Alberta
Quantum Alberta members from each of the three academic institutions supervise graduate students in a wide variety of experimental and theoretical subjects across several different departments. For more information on individual research groups, please browse through Quantum Alberta’s research themes, and through the individual profiles of our faculty members.
Applications for graduate programs must be made through the university departments to which our members belong. Please find more information at the links below.
Some of the graduate courses offered at our academic institutions that will be of interest to graduate student members:
University of Calgary
- PHYS 615 – Advanced Quantum Mechanics (Fall 2015)
- PHYS 673 – Quantum And Nonlinear Optics (Winter 2016)
- offered remotely at UAlberta as PHYS 595: Spec Topics in Physics: Quantum and Nonlinear Optics
University of Alberta
- PHYS 511/512 – Advanced Quantum Mechanics I/II (Fall 2015/Winter 2016)
- PHYS 541: Condensed Matter Physics I (Fall 2015)
- PHYS 595: Spec Topics in Physics: Physical Principles of Nano (Winter 2016)